Pages

Monday 7 April 2014

"Faith Is" by a Talented Person

Hello All!

I've been working but I haven't got anything to show you today.  A big part of my weekend was doing the dreaded "paperwork".  Necessary but not as fun as art.

One of my plans for this blog is to show off my wildly talented family and friends.  I haven't been jumping on that so far, but today I decided would be a good time to start.

Elizabeth Fraser is actually not my friend.  She is a friend of my children.  She is a wonderful young woman blessed with a decided talent for words.  She's studied journalism out east and also here in Manitoba. 

I've read a number of articles Elizabeth has done for the Winnipeg Free Press as part of an internship through school and I tell you, she really knows how to get to the heart and soul of the people she interviews. 

Last month she had a book launch at McNally-Robinson bookstore in Winnipeg (the absolute most rockin' bookstore ever!).   Her book,  "Faith Is", started out as in independent assignment for school. 
She was curious about people and their faith - what brought them and God together.

For her research Elizabeth interviewed eleven people including Olympic speed skater Cindy Klassen, Amazing Race Winners Tim Sr. and Tim Jr., and Lindor Reynolds of the Winnipeg Free Press.   The result is a thoroughly enjoyable, inspiring, and thoughtful read.

When Elizabeth is rich and famous I can say I blogged about her when she first started out!

Congratulations Elizabeth!!


Elizabeth's book is available through this link 
and
you can check out Elizabeth's blog "A Life in the Day" right here.


xox


 

No comments :

Post a Comment