Pages

Thursday 13 November 2014

Getting Messy With Paint


I felt like playing this week so I got into the paints.  Below are some photos I took while painting on remnants of cotton muslin.  Since I'm thinking of sewing these scraps into something I figured I'd try different techniques for the first coat to see what works.  There's a  piece with Golden Fluid Acrylic Titanium White, another piece with Liquitex White Gesso, and a third piece covered with some Daler Rowney Simply Acrylic Black mixed with a bit of Golden Acrylic Glazing Liquid.  The other black piece is a bit of cereal box I used to mop up the black paint/acrylic glaze mixture.  I had too much for the fabric. 






  You could say I am experimenting, but it is probably more like "I don't know what I'm doing so heck, let's try this".   All I know right know is it's sure fun to get messy!

I was tempted to try this because of one of my favorite artists to follow - the super creative Alisa Burke.  She does tons of stuff on painted canvas.  Since I didn't have canvas I used what I had in my fabric stash.  I'll be sure to let you know what becomes of these pieces as soon as I figure it out!!




No comments :

Post a Comment