Pages

Friday 19 December 2014

Some of the Things I Love About Christmas


  1. The music -- from the cheesy songs to the beautiful and everything in between.  My favorite song as a kid was "Silver Bells".  I can't tell you now what my favorite song is - there are so many great  ones.
  2. The smell of a real Christmas tree.
  3. The mix of nuts in their shells that we only see in the stores at this time of year - walnuts, hazel nuts, almonds and the dark shelled one with a meaty nut (I forget its name).  Cracking them is   almost better than eating them.  I'm always trying to get two perfect halves of the walnut shell.
  4. Christmas movies!  I have been watching them since November 1st.  Thank goodness for a PVR!
  5. Walking around town at night looking at all the light decorations and how they chase away the darkness of winter.
  6. My mother-in-law's dainties.
  7. The light string on my tree.  This small light string has 14 different settings.  I love the blinky   one. 
  8. My reindeer decoration that we've had for years.  His nose is still glowing strong!

 


2 comments :