Pages

Monday 5 January 2015

Word for 2015


Here's a peek at my little corner art studio these days!  I love spending time here drawing, painting and creating.  Either I listen to my iPod or pull up podcasts or Ted talks on my iPad.  Yes, it is usually messy like this.  It's the only place in the house that I don't pick up on a regular basis!  


Some day I hope to have a larger space where I can spread out and get messy.  No carpet to worry about beneath my feet.  In the meantime, I'm enjoying my space and I'm looking forward to creating lots in 2015.
This is my word for 2015 - CREATE.  I know it's very cliché but as I mulled over different words during the last few weeks of 2014, this is the only one that felt right.  Last year my word was "Cleanse".  It was a good word and worked fairly well for me though I was easily distracted by my new iPad and high speed internet.  Not all areas were cleansed last year as much as I hoped!  I have a feeling this word may come back into my life in the future.

I don't know how you are, but my mind is always overflowing with ideas, way more than I have time for.  I write them down in journals, on stickee notes, and paper scraps.  They are all over the place. The challenge for me is picking and chosing what to do.  Since I work a day job I only have so much time to spend creating.  I thought for awhile my word for the year should be "balance" but that one feels constricting right now.  My heart leaps at the idea of focusing on sketching, drawing, experimenting, painting, glueing, getting messy, sewing, taking pictures, making mistakes, and lots and lots of creating.  So I am going with my heart!

I hope to create lots this year and I will share it with you.  My creativity will have to include, I think, finding ways to make space of time for creating.  If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know.  I have some years yet of working so I can use a few tricks.  Bear with me though, as I am certain I will be going in many directions as I sojourn down different creative paths and discover all sorts of art things!

Cheers to you all!






2 comments :

  1. Maybe cliché but only when you know all the things that can get in the way . . . and that's why I have chose boundaries. I'll blog about it later but it's about looking at how much space I allow all those distractions to take over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. Looking forward to reading about it. :)

    ReplyDelete